Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Angel Boy, Gabriel, is 5!

My mind wanders back to when I held my firstborn child in my arms. As I thought back I became more and more aware of what a blessing he has been to me. I also wonder where all the time has gone. My boy who loves fishing, hiking, playing basketball, wrestling, run around crazy, the more action, movement the better, is 5 and I love him even more than I did when I first held him in my arms. I LOVE HIM!
Here is the cake! Yes, Grandma and Papa Smith did good again!
Here is where Gabe first planted himself waiting for his cake.
He then moved to the picnic table. He made his wish out loud. He wished our house was made out of bacon. (His favorite food) Leave it to a five year old boy to make that kind of a wish!
Julie handed Gabe his presents.Julie went and bought Gabe 3 batman masks. She got them with her own money and wrapped it herself.

He liked them!
I had encouraged her to get 3, so that we wouldn't have any fighting. Noah absolutely loved them. Has there ever been a cuter BatNoah? Look at that smile. Toby and I are so blessed to see this smile every day!
Presents galore!
Speed Racer! Yeah!
Now they have something to wear on their heads beside underwear! Somehow it is not as funny, but definetly cute! :)
G&P Smith brought Julie and Noah presents as well. Noah ripped into his not aware that it slipped out on the floor. He just kept ripping the paper apart until I showed him where his shirt had dropped.
They got Gabe this Super Mario Galaxy shirt which is great, because he likes to play that on Gram's Wii.
Girls just hanging out at the party.
Julie eating some yummy Spiderman cake!

I know I am the mom and very biased, but isn't she the prettiest little 5 month old! Look at those eyes!

Cake eating amongst many gifts.
Noah walked around like this for awhile. Who needs eyes? By the way I framed Grandma's face in between the ears on purpose! :)

The good ole paddle and ball.
Gabe got a present for G&P Smith. At first it made Noah nervous , then he walked around saying mine.

This is the toy!

Gabe got a couple practical jokes. One was a mouse and he was scaring Grandma with it.

We had so much fun. Thank you all that called and came. It made his day special!
Happy Birthday my five year old boy! My prayer for you is that what Jesus wants becomes the most important thing to you.

No comments: