Sunday, November 29, 2009

Decorating the tree.

Tonight, when our Daddy got done taking care of stuff in town, we started decorating our tree. We make due with what we have and has been given to us. I know alot of people have "theme trees". I don't have a problem with that, but I do have a fondness of hodgepodge trees that the kids have decorated and made some of the ornaments themselves. :) Here is Gabe putting on an ornament.And again!
Juju, helping and having so much fun. She was talking about some more ornaments she could make most of the time we were decorating. :)

Yes, even Belle got in on the decorating. She did a good job as long as someone helped her. When noone was she just threw the decorations and yelled,"BALL!" It makes me laugh just thinking about it. This year should be interesting with that little one!
Noah, was tired and just wanted to go to bed, so we didn't decorate it all. We saved quite a few ornaments to do tomorrow, so Noah can help. I ran outside and took a picture of what our tree looked like from the street. I approve. :D
Today, in Children's Church we talked about Christmas and giving. If you think about it Christ gave everything and gained nothing. Wow!! I encouraged the kids to not think so much about what they want for Christmas, but instead to think about how we could give. I think to often we say with our mouths that Christmas is about giving, but our actions and thoughts do not reflect this. The rusty wheels of my brain are already turning and concocting a plan that can help show and teach my children this. Selfless giving...hmm....

No comments: