Sunday, July 26, 2009

Iona Fun Run

So, on Thursday I saw the Iona Fun Run in the newspaper. It is a 5k run/walk. I called Mom and Bob up and said we ought to do it. Everyone agreed with me. We decided that Mom would push Noah and Belle in the jogger (thanks Leah) and walk with Gabe and Julie. The rest of us would run. Thursday was a really rough bootcamp and boy my legs were feeling it Saturday morning. We didn't register Noah or Belle and when Noah saw everyone putting on their numbers he was so upset he didn't have one. They gave us a coupon for a dental office, so I pinned it on him. He was very proud of his number! This picture is all of us that were in it! This is before the race, hence all of us look fresh and not red in the face. :)Dave leading the kids in pre-race stretches.




Getting ready for the race to start. For those of you that don't know 5k is 3.1 miles. Doesn't sound very long, but.....
Toby ran with me...glad he did....he kept me going at some kind of a pace. :P Finished in 32:15. Not great, but not bad. Here is Desi finishing the race. She helped mom....they had an interesting time with all 4 little guys. No they didn't finish last, my mom would have NONE of that!
Here is my Gabe finishing up his first 5k.

And Julie....

And our Comfort Dental Care boy, Noah!
Mom and Belle, I think Mom and Desi did more work than those of us who ran it!
My children drooling over the "stropy's" Julie got second place for her division and went up and tried to take a stropy, but they were only for 1st place. She got a fancy backpack!

We all got a free movie pass, free dinner at Fazioli's, and a prize. The kids got huge bags of candy and the rest of us got dinners or baseball tickets. It was great fun! Bob won 1st in his division, Mom won 1st in hers, and Davy 1st in his. When they walked back with their strophy's, Julie offered to "keep" them in her backpack! We are definetly doing this again next year!

We thank the Lord for keeping us all safe and letting us finish with no injuries! Thanking Him for the opportunities to make such wonderful family memories!

No comments: