Thursday, October 15, 2009

Look! No training wheels!!!

So...we have occasionally talked about Gabe being old enough to ride his bike without training wheels, although we have never made a serious attempt at it. He has tried a couple times and seriously resembled some other little blonde (me). He wasn't to excited about it. Well, we never had the energy to push it so he still was riding with them. He has been getting frustrated about not being able to ride on rocks and such (out at Gram's house). Last night, he asked Toby if he could try and of course Toby said yes. Toby took them off and Gabe just started riding. In under 5 minutes Gabe was starting by himself and riding around the back yard!!!! His momma is soooo proud of him! Oh......Julie has started getting serious about it too. So most likely there will be another training wheeless rider in our family before to long. :) I am afraid they got a little bit of Toby's and my competitiveness. :)

2 comments:

bethwethje said...

I think my favorite part was at the end when he ran to give you a hug. I got a little teary. I can't believe he's so big....

GpaKC said...

What a big man... sooo proud of you Gabe...way to go...
Love you,
Gpa Claver from Kansas